PHD Ventures, Senior Program & Event Director
Exec. Director, Platinum Longevity Programs
Dr. Peter Diamandis and his PHD Ventures team are searching for a talented Senior Program & Event Director who has experience in Healthcare and Technology-Related programming.
Top candidates have 10+ years experience in all stages of program and event organization, a history of fiscal responsibility, as well as strength in sponsorship and product sales.
This is a senior level position on Peter’s core team, and will provide the opportunity to work directly with Peter and his network of the world’s most profound entrepreneurs and luminaries focused on improving and extending our lives through science and technological innovation.
In this role, you will have full P&L responsibility, lead the production and promotion of the following programs, and participate in the sale of products and sponsorships (in partnership with the PHD Sales team):
Abundance Platinum Longevity Program: A 5-day, 5-star learning experience, gathers industry leading scientists, doctors, and entrepreneurs to present the most important information and opportunities in health and longevity. This program consists of two identical trips, taking place in August and September, each bringing together a separate group of 40 passionate HNW investors, entrepreneurs, and executives.
- A360 TECH HUB: Taking place each March at Peter’s annual Abundance360 (A360) Summit, a 5-day deep-dive into the future of innovation. This role is responsible for creating and managing the “TechHub” - the hands-on tech-experience area where the Summit’s audience of 360+ CEOs, entrepreneurs, and investors discover 35 - 40 cutting edge companies and experiential solutions in advanced technology (AI, Robotics, VR, etc.) and healthcare.
Abundance Platinum Longevity Program
(Focus period between: April – September of each year):
- Crafting of the program (based on 5 years of previous operating success), identifying presenters, labs, companies, and institutions to partner with. Programming is coordinated in concert with Peter and his Healthcare team.
- Sales & marketing of 80 total seats (at $65K - $70K per seat). Sales are driven through Peter’s Media company, his A360 program and many other channels.
- Member communications and relations
- Interview all members to understand their primary needs/interests to broker connections for key health-related questions, investment opportunities, etc.
- Program curation, speaker communications and venue/company due diligence
- Management of Vendors and Event Logistics Team
(Focus period between: October – March of each year):
- Identify, vet, and source exhibitors and program partners / sponsors
- Lead contract negotiations and partnership fulfillment for partners and exhibitors
- Management of venue setup
- Write-up of exhibitor descriptions
- Negotiation of discounts and gifts from TechHub/Longevity Lounge companies for members
- Curation of TechHub on-stage programming
- Experience Running Events and/or Conferences (Minimum 5 years; ideally 10+ years)
- Experience in Health-related events/summits
- Understanding of, and experience working with bio and life sciences companies and content
- Experience or understanding of exponential tech such as AI, Robotics, VR, 3D printing.
- Strong written communication skills (required)
- Project management skills and ability to advance multiple tasks at the same time (required)
- Experience setting and managing operating budgets (required)
- Strong Sales experience (5+ years’ sales) in some format. Ability to formulate and pitch to a prospective buyer. (required)
- Experience selling and delivering high end experiences/products to discerning executives (preferred)
- General familiarity with Peter’s Writings/Work/Companies
- This is a FULL-Time, exempt position.
- The position reports to the Executive Director, Abundance360
- This is an individual contributor position that does not have management responsibilities - but could in the future - according to the needs of the organization
- Working Location: Ideally in the Los Angeles area, but Remote in the U.S. is an option.
Annual Base-Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 depending upon experience (+ annual review)
Annual Bonus/Profit Sharing: In addition to base salary, the role allows for additional compensation through the PHD Ventures Profit Share Program, dependent upon the profitability of the A360 and the Platinum Programs. Historically, this role has generated both profit share allocations and commissions payouts, which together are equal to or greater than the base salary (based on the program and candidate’s performance).